If you would like to come to Anaesthetics for an attachment there are a few things you need to do.
Firstly, you will need to contact us to discuss your idea for research/clinical attachment to make sure that it fits our criteria and once you have been given the go-ahead you will need to do the following:
1. Provide a current CV
2. Complete GMC registration
3. Pass IELTS examination in English at 7/7.5 level (if appropriate, see GMC requirements)
4. Complete the paperwork for an NHS Honorary Contract through Medical Staffing
5. Provide a ‘Certificate of Good Standing’ from your police
6. Complete an Occupational Health Clearance form
7. Provide evidence that you have a visa for the entire time of your visit to the UK
8. Pay an admin fee of £400 for processing of your application
You will also need to provide evidence that you are self funding. The department does not have funding available for overseas attachments.