GSK-NIHR BRC EMINENT Clinical Research Training Fellow
Honorary Speciality Registrar in Anaesthesia and Intensive Care Medicine
MBBS | MA (Cantab) | MRCP(UK) | FRCA | FFICM
Romit qualified from University of Cambridge and Imperial College School of Medicine. After foundation training he completed a core medical rotation at Addenbrooke’s Hospital, and was a Registrar in acute medicine in the East of England Deanery. Following a year of critical care at the Prince of Wales Hospital in Sydney, Australia, he transferred to anaesthetic and intensive care training in the East of England, and has been developing his interest in improvement science.
- Investigating the way in which patients are mechanically ventilated in critical care units, using mathematical modelling of “big data” to inform quality improvement interventions.
- Using mathematical techniques to detect the presence acute respiratory distress syndrome endotypes
Keywords: ventilation, critical care, patient outcomes, quality improvement, ARDS
Publications: see Critical Care Group Publications
- Samanta R, Vickery B, Valchanov K. Remifentanil and Acute Pain After Cardiac Surgery. Anaesthesia 2016 PMID: 27621056
- Samanta R. Trainee-Led Quality Improvement. RCP Commentary, Aug 2015 p.8
- Webb S, Samanta R. Angiotensin–neprilysin inhibition versus enalapril in heart failure. Intensive Care Monitor 2015:22(1) 4-5
- Samanta R, Shoukrey K, Griffiths R. Rheumatoid Arthritis and Anaesthesia. Anaesthesia 2011:66 1146-1159. PMID: 22070585
- Samanta R, Davies S, Griffiths W. Education and Imaging, Hepatobilary and Pancreatic: Idiopathic Portal Hypertension. Journal Of Gastroenterolgy and Hepatology. 2009 Oct;24(10):169 PMID: 19788612
Snapshot of Romit’s work